Current Job Openings
Last update 08/25/2014
The City of Conway is accepting resumes for a Project Engineer working within the City of Conway Street and Engineering Department. The Project Engineer will provide engineering expertise in the area of street and drainage design as well as storm water management, traffic control, and development review. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare detailed construction plans and specifications for street and intersection improvements, storm drainage improvements and other public works projects utilizing computer aided drafting programs (AutoCAD Civil 3D).
- Prepare and present both written and oral presentations of engineering projects and proposals.
- Assist in the evaluation of project bids and proposals.
- Compute quantities, prepare cost estimates, and develop timelines for construction projects.
- Review plans, specifications, drainage calculations, and traffic impact studies for conformance to city requirements and sound engineering.
- Assist in the development of traffic signal coordination plans.
- Conduct field review of construction projects to determine compliance with construction plans and conformance to city requirements.
- Conduct filed review of drainage and street maintenance issues and determine appropriate repairs on matters of concern reported by the public.
- Assist in the development of the departmental budget for street and storm drainage issues.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers and elected officials.
Education and Experience: Degree required from an ABET accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or closely related field. 4 years of relevant experience is required; 7 years preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations: Applicant should have registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Arkansas as well as a valid Arkansas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Please submit resume with salary history to: Human Resources Director; City of Conway; 1201 Oak Street; Conway, AR 72032. E-mail: email@example.com; fax 501-513-3503. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Submitted resumes will be subject to disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
The City of Conway is accepting applications for a secretary position working in the Police Department. Requirements are:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent. Applicants without a degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience may be considered.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Programs including but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Must be able to accurately type at least 45 WPM
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to handle large numerical databases and produce mathematical forecasts using timeline data series and other modeling techniques.
- Must have and maintain a current valid Arkansas Drivers license
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be able to occasionally work flexible hours.
Beginning salary is $28,120 annually. A background investigation will be conducted before employment can begin. If qualified and interested please send a completed application and resume with salary history to: Human Resource Department, City of Conway, 1201 Oak Street, Conway, AR 72032: Fax: (501) 513-3503 e-mail: HumanResources@cityofconway.org. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Resumes without salary history will not be considered.
The City of Conway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, political status, disability status or other legally protected status.
1201 Oak Street
Conway, AR 72032
Director Human Resources
Human Resource Assistant
Download the City of Conway Job Application
Form (PDF) 6k