Current Job Openings
Last update 09/19/2014
The City of Conway is accepting resumes for a Project Engineer working within the City of Conway Street and Engineering Department. The Project Engineer will provide engineering expertise in the area of street and drainage design as well as storm water management, traffic control, and development review. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare detailed construction plans and specifications for street and intersection improvements, storm drainage improvements and other public works projects utilizing computer aided drafting programs (AutoCAD Civil 3D).
- Prepare and present both written and oral presentations of engineering projects and proposals.
- Assist in the evaluation of project bids and proposals.
- Compute quantities, prepare cost estimates, and develop timelines for construction projects.
- Review plans, specifications, drainage calculations, and traffic impact studies for conformance to city requirements and sound engineering.
- Assist in the development of traffic signal coordination plans.
- Conduct field review of construction projects to determine compliance with construction plans and conformance to city requirements.
- Conduct filed review of drainage and street maintenance issues and determine appropriate repairs on matters of concern reported by the public.
- Assist in the development of the departmental budget for street and storm drainage issues.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers and elected officials.
Education and Experience: Degree required from an ABET accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or closely related field. 4 years of relevant experience is required; 7 years preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations: Applicant should have registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Arkansas as well as a valid Arkansas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Please submit resume with salary history to: Human Resources Director; City of Conway; 1201 Oak Street; Conway, AR 72032. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax 501-513-3503. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Submitted resumes will be subject to disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
The City of Conway is accepting resumes for the position of Telecommunicator working in the Conway Emergency Operations Center. Requirements are:
- High School diploma or GED.
- One year multi-line telephone experience.
- One year customer service experience or experience working with the public.
- One year data entry or on the job computer experience
- Must be able to accurately type a minimum of 45 WPM
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Able to perform several mission critical tasks simultaneously and accurately.
- Able to effectively and quickly make critical decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Able to understand and independently apply complex information to a variety of circumstances.
- Must have valid AR driver’s license & clean driving record.
- No felony convictions
- Must be able to achieve certification through Arkansas Crime Information Center.
- Must be able to remain calm & think clearly in stressful situations.
Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Arkansas Crime Information Center certification is a plus.
Salary for the Telecommunicator position is $29,757 per year. Previous work experience as a dispatcher and previous Police/Fire/EMS experience is preferred, but not required. A background investigation will be conducted before employment can begin. If qualified and interested please send a completed application and resume with salary history to: Human Resource Department, City of Conway, 1201 Oak Street, Conway, AR 72032: Fax: (501) 513-3503 e-mail: Human Resources@cityofconway.org. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Resumes without salary history will not be considered.
The City of Conway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, political status, disability status or other legally protected status.
1201 Oak Street
Conway, AR 72032
Director Human Resources
Human Resource Assistant
Download the City of Conway Job Application
Form (PDF) 6k