Current Job Openings
Last update 10/22/2014
The City of Conway is accepting resumes for a Project Engineer working within the City of Conway Street and Engineering Department. The Project Engineer will provide engineering expertise in the area of street and drainage design as well as storm water management, traffic control, and development review. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare detailed construction plans and specifications for street and intersection improvements, storm drainage improvements and other public works projects utilizing computer aided drafting programs (AutoCAD Civil 3D).
- Prepare and present both written and oral presentations of engineering projects and proposals.
- Assist in the evaluation of project bids and proposals.
- Compute quantities, prepare cost estimates, and develop timelines for construction projects.
- Review plans, specifications, drainage calculations, and traffic impact studies for conformance to city requirements and sound engineering.
- Assist in the development of traffic signal coordination plans.
- Conduct field review of construction projects to determine compliance with construction plans and conformance to city requirements.
- Conduct filed review of drainage and street maintenance issues and determine appropriate repairs on matters of concern reported by the public.
- Assist in the development of the departmental budget for street and storm drainage issues.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers and elected officials.
Education and Experience: Degree required from an ABET accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or closely related field. 4 years of relevant experience is required; 7 years preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations: Applicant should have registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Arkansas as well as a valid Arkansas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Please submit resume with salary history to: Human Resources Director; City of Conway; 1201 Oak Street; Conway, AR 72032. E-mail: email@example.com; fax 501-513-3503. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Submitted resumes will be subject to disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
The City of Conway is accepting applications for the position of Construction Specialist working in the Conway Street Department. This position performs manual labor and operates equipment required to accomplish street maintenance tasks.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent and/or 1-3 months prior relevant experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid AR Class B CDL license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must be able to operate and drive a dump truck.
- Ability to disseminate instructions accurately.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, use manual tools and operate heavy equipment.
- Must be willing to work in adverse physical environment (inclement weather.)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers and elected officials.
Salary for the Construction Specialist position is $14.31 per hour or $29,757.00 annually. Submit completed applications to the City of Conway Human Resources Department, 1201 Oak Street, Conway, AR 72032; Fax: (501) 513-3503 or e-mail: Humanresouces@cityofconway.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Conway is accepting applications for Refuse Collector positions working in the Sanitation Department. Requirements are:
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or 1-3 months prior relevant experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have and maintain a valid AR Driver’s License
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work in an adverse physical environment (inclement weather.)
Submit completed applications to the City of Conway Human Resource Department; 1201 Oak Street, Conway, AR 72032. Starting salary is $11.16 per hour. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Conway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, political status, disability status or other legally protected status.
1201 Oak Street
Conway, AR 72032
Director Human Resources
Human Resource Assistant
Download the City of Conway Job Application
Form (PDF) 6k