CONWAY, AR – March 14, 2018 - Citywide residential recycling collection will no longer accept plastics labeled #3-7, effective immediately. An updated list of accepted items is as follows:
These clean, dry items are ACCEPTED:
- Cardboard - broken down, flat, no visible food or grease
- Paper - such as magazines, notebook paper, poster board, newspaper, junk mail, envelopes, phone books, small paperback books
- Shredded Paper - bagged separately in clear bag
- Plastic #1 - such as water and soda bottles
- Plastic #2 - such as milk jugs, shampoo bottles, laundry detergent containers
- Aluminum and Steel Cans - rinsed with no visible food or grease
- Styrofoam - beaded material commonly used in packaging only, bagged separately in clear bag
- Glass - beverage glass of all colors accepted, requires separate collections bin
Additionally, the Department of Sanitation now offers the convenience of drop-off stations for plastic shopping bags. These blue bins are located at both our Reuse Center and the landfill customer convenience area. Plastic shopping bags should never be placed in your curbside recycling cart.
Although many items are labeled or thought of as recyclable, this is not always the case. Items such as food waste, aerosol cans, aluminum foil, batteries, sandwich bags, clothes, mirrors, ceramics, used napkins, trash bags, needles, yogurt cups, toys, packing peanuts, and plastic cups are not accepted in our recycling stream.
To learn more about recycling in Conway, request a glass collections bin, or to schedule a “Smart Recycling” presentation for your classroom, group, organization, or business, contact the Department of Sanitation at 501-450-6155.
Serving the Conway, Arkansas, community, the Department of Sanitation provides residential, commercial, industrial, and recycling collection services. Large roll-off container leasing, facility tours, and recycling education are also available. To learn more about services offered, visit conwaysanitation.org and follow us on Facebook @ConwaySanitation and Twitter @CwyARSanitation.